Saturday 21 November 2015

A little ethnic turn for the modern!

I have always found it challenging  to hand draw or paint, and when the surface is reduced it get's that much more harder. I gave it a try while conducting a paper jewellery workshop. I was explaining how Tanjore looks ( until i realised I didn't have any embellishments, which are an integral part of Tanjore type of painting) as well as, how to encase Paper work in resin. ( You can click on the earlier resin post for more information)


 The Tanjore-like design I have tried here, is based on a bird as the central design, with contrasting flowers and leaves thrown in to complete the picture. Although this effort was nothing like traditional looking Tanjore design,it became my own twist.
  The earrings had a matching floral design, in mirror effect. This is extremely important when it comes to making earrings. It's also one of the toughest things to do. When I draw my designs, I am quite satisfied with one, the mirror image I leave to forces beyond my kin. As you can see the design only focuses on the designs of the pendant and earrings.

I tried it on for good measure. 
 
I always find it a bit much, to wear both the neck piece and earring together. Interestingly, I choose to wear one of my own creations only for special occasions. Which led to me to think, there will be other youngsters out there with the same problem. 

With one difference already in place, I took it a step ahead and used very minimal accessories to go with the actual pendant and earrings. This not only reduced the jazz of the over all set, but also gave it a modern look by using the metal choker. The economical aspect was a value addition!

Officially back from a stupor!!!
~Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment