Monday 2 June 2014

Caught the recycling bug yet???

Fellow Recyclee's,


Although I haven't really made a serious attempt at marketing what I make or do, I tinker at home and dream big about what I could do. Recycling old things is definitely the way forward, especially with all sorts of left overs while crafting.

This is one of those times and things.
Luckily I know someone who has used something like this, I strictly believe in sharing such small tit bits.

I have so many wedding cards at home collected over the years, a habit I have had since I was a kid. Its either the design that I liked, or the paper or the motif on it. Its inexpensive and what you really need is some glue, a pair of scissors and some wedding cards with a slightly thickish paper cards.Sometimes like in my case you may need a double layer to keep the paper straight. This one I had used to display a set of necklace and a pair of earrings. You can use a similar design only for earrings too. 
** The corner punch and paint are secondary and need not be used if you are interested in keeping things real!
1. Get the right sized card
2. To decorate, I have used a corner punch ... but there are several other options you can use, or nothing at all.
3. Painted it, to give it an over all uniformity, again you can skip this if you are not so inclined. I have used another sheet of paper to make it stiff , since you can see the paper curled up after painting it.
4. Put a small triangle to prop up the card so that it can stand upright. This gives it a support for the display.
5. Give 2 small pricks in the paper and Viola you have an earring display ! 



My brother the Brainiac had these "know your word cards" ( you can also use old playing cards, visiting cards-- they are the similar) lying around the house ... and they are such a great size and shape for making name tags, price tags and  thank you cards... that I just couldn't resist making some. 

 I have used Fiskars corner punch, Fevicryl Acryllic pearl and sparkle Paints.
 If you try any of these... do leave me feedback :)

~ Rich 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Richa . Loved the price tagZzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Remya... if you do get around to trying it... do let me know :)

      Delete